Rebuilding BookMyShow for Scalability & Maintenance
Submitted by Adnan A M (@adnan123) on Monday, 8 August 2016
Section: Full talk (40 minutes) Technical level: Intermediate
Building Andoid apps which can scale easily and are easy to maintain are often cause for debate, with many questions and uncertainty. This talk will cover BookMyShow’s journey of rebuilding their app from scratch & share insights regarding the learnings, difficulties & motivations. We will also walk through some sample code samples & discuss various strategies & their limitations
The talk will consist of the following topics :
1. Why rewrite ? - We will look at some of the challenges, problems and motivations to rewrite the app
2. What did we change ? - We will look at things we changed(Hint: A lot of it) and the reasons for the changes
3. What did we do different ? - We will look at a few things which we believe
4. How hard was it ? - We will look at some of the major roadblocks, problems and issues faced
5. How long did it take and was it worth it ?
Adnan is an experienced Android developer currently with BookMyShow. He was a speaker in Droidcon India 2015 & is an active contributor to the Android ecosystem as a whole.