Enterprise Ready Test Execution Platform for Mobile Apps
This talk will be covering the limitations of Open Source test execution platforms (selenium grid) and how Intuit modified the selenium grid to suit for enterprise needs.
When it comes to Mobile test execution, appium framework is the default choice of engineers for writing test cases. Running the appium testcases against multiple Android versions in parallel can be achieved via another open source tool called selenium grid.
Unfortunately selenium grid is not enterprise ready. Meaning the selenium grid cannot be used as a single test execution platform across enterprise level companies due to following issues
• Not available as a Web Application to run from Intuit Standard Containers (Tomcat, WHP)
• Device registry is maintained in-memory
• No support for High Availability / Disaster Recovery
• No support for External Device Cloud
• Not much debugging support (Screenshot, Exception or Log messages)
This talk will be covering the limitations of selenium grid and how Intuit modified the selenium grid to suit for enterprise needs.
- Mobile and Tools Architect in Intuit India.
- Responsible for Mobile Platform Services and Test Execution Platforms.
- Java/J2EE professional with more than 14 years of experience in architecting, implementing highly scalable enterprise applications around Web 2.0, SOA and Cloud Computing Architectures