Introducing 2D game development with LibGDX
Create awareness on Open source tools out there which can be used to create Android games. Focus on LibGDX & allied tools.
Discuss Android game development
List IDE setup with Eclipse, Android SDK, ADT (skip if all are geeks)
List features & capabilities of LibGDX
Present LibGDX Texture Packer
Present Heiro Font tool
Show setting up a hello world LibGDX project
Present Tween Engine
Demo simple game, compile & run on device
Not a workshop, but having a laptop with Eclipse setup with Android tools will help.
B.Tech electronics engineer with a diploma in 3D art. Game developer for 8 years. Director & Creative Head at Csharks Games & Solutions Pvt Ltd. Develops games in ActionScript3, LibGDX, Cocos2D & Unity.
Have taken half a dozen sessions across Kerala on various technologies including flash, blender, IOS development etc. Regular at Kerala Barcamps.
- LibGDX http://libgdx.badlogicgames.com/
- My company http://www.csharks.com
- An android game we developed which involves physics https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.csharks.platformgolf
- A blog I Maintain http://csharksgames.blogspot.in/
- Linkedin profile http://in.linkedin.com/in/juwalshark