Android UI prototyping 101: What? Why? How?
Understand what is UI prototyping and how companies have benefited from it. Then learn how to take an app idea and then build a functional UI prototype using the various free or commercial tools that one can leverage to prototype a UI design.
A lot has been said about the importance of design in applications and the very android design patterns that represent them. However, what hasn’t really been emphasised enough is the way of coming up with those design ideas, converting them into functional prototypes and then seeing how they might look on a real device.
All that without writing a single line of code!
It doesn’t matter whether you’re a designer, an android developer or if you just have an app idea, you need to attend this talk to understand how to use the right tools to make your app design a reality.
This talk will cover the following
- What is UI prototyping?
- Why is it important?
- Case studies
- How to go about prototyping an android design?
Tools used for prototyping UI
- Old school UI design tools like pen n paper, stencils etc.
- Free UI design tools like Pencil etc.
- Commercial UI design tools like Omnigraffe etc.
- A comparison of all UI design tools, what is right for you?
- Testing your prototypes on a real Android device without writing a line of code - Live demo
Soham has been part of the android ecosystem in Bangalore for some time now and he’s also a co-organiser of the Bangalore Android User Group. He is fanatic about design and spends 90% of his time aligning views one dp at a time.
He is also the co-founder of Triveous and the co-author of Sky Recorder (search the play store)