Beginning Android Programming
To enable participants to take their first steps in Android programming and get the basics in place for them to move forward.
The workshop will be a trimmed down version of the 2-day workshop that I conduct for beginning Android programming. The participants after a brief introduction to Android and its Developer Toolset will be taken through:
1. Setting up their Dev. Environment
2. Writing a Hello World
3. Learning about Activities, UI Layouts in Android
4. Overview of other APIs in Android
5. Writing a small useful application in Android that allows the app user to view famous quotes, share them with friends,etc.
- A laptop
- Knowledge of a high level programming language (ideal if you know Java)
- Your presence of mind.
Romin Irani has more than 16+ years of software development experience. He is well versed with various technology stacks and is passionate about learning, writing and teaching software. He has worked in a variety of product start-ups , including 6 years in Silicon Valley, USA. Most recently, he is associated with Xoriant Solutions Pvt. Ltd. as a Principal Architect and oversees implementation of new technologies in areas of Cloud Computing and Mobile Development. He has designed and implemented various award winning products and is a published author of several books and articles in various trade journals and websites. He contributes regularly to ProgrammableWeb, where he focuses on API news. His personal web site is at http://www.rominirani.com.