Data is dynamic! It moves across and within organizations. Everyone, including marketing, business, and sales, want data for their respective needs in an easy, accessible and seamless manner. This landscape of data management and portability has specific complexities such as:
- Increase in user base. Also, users access, consume and share data using multiple devices.
- Data has to be shared across multiple organizations, where it needs to be seamless, secure and kosher.
- Compliance around data access and sharing is mandatory with regulations.
- Technology barriers have to be lowered, especially for access and use of data among business teams in organizations.
- Data in the public cloud adds more challenges and implications to data sharing, access and security.
Data Mesh is a socio-technical construct developed at Thoughtworks to harness data amidst these complexities. Data Mesh is not just an architectural approach to data management. It is a set of principles which can be applied inside organizations to harness the potential of data at scale.
Take this quiz to decode Data Mesh, and understand how you can use it inside your Organization.