COEP FOSSMeet‘19 is College of Engineering, Pune’s own Free and Open Source Software event. It is jointly organised by Computer and IT department, COEP, COEP’s Free Software Users Group (COFSUG) and COEP’s - Information and Cyber Security Research Group (COEP - ICSRG).
With a vision to promote the culture of openness, innovation, and freedom, the meet intends to bring together FOSS developers, academicians, researchers, students and all those who love the FOSS movement and provide an opportunity to all technophiles out there to participate in the FOSS development and adoption process through hands-on sessions, discussions and lectures.
We have closed the submissions for talks now.
Voting is open now.
Omkar Jadhav : 9405333642
Vikrant Ghatkar : 9834079157
Organising Team, COEP FOSSMeet‘19
For any further queries, mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit our website at https://foss.coep.org.in/fossmeet/
Mathematical modeling using GNU Octave by Prasad Mehendale
-GNU Octave is a high-level interpreted language, primarily intended for numerical computations.
-It provides capabilities for the numerical solution of linear and nonlinear problems, and for performing other numerical experiments.
-It also provides extensive graphics capabilities for data visualization and manipulation.
-Octave is normally used through its interactive command line interface, but it can also be used to write non-interactive programs.
-The Octave language is quite similar to Matlab so that most programs are easily portable.
-Octave is FREE. It is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
I will explain two models using GNU-octave and while doing so, participants can learn about Octave.
- Introduce GNU-octave
- Create mathematical models for real-life problems.
- Write GNU-Octave scripts.
- Show the outputs and validate results.
- LCD projector
- Latest version of GNU-octave (4.4) installed on participants’ linux computers.
- Ex-student of COEP (B.E. Electrical -1982)
- A long time user of Free Software (21 years)
- Active participation in GNU-octave development.
- Director of a Techno-social activity - Vidnyan-Kendra.
- This is a homepage of gnu-octave
- These are some snippets of my work using Gnu-Octave.