Birds Of Feather (BOF) session: AI and Product
Technical level: Intermediate
Last 5 years have seen significant progress in many CV, NLP and RL problems. The advent of powerful GPU’s along with insights from last two decades has made inroads into problems that were thought to be unsolvable in the near future. How can these newly solved problems be used for building AI products? What are these problems? How can we convert a Business requirement that requires AI to an AI product? What is the AI product development roadmap like, how is this different from software development roadmap? Will have a large data solve my problem?
We will discuss some of the following topics related to building AI Products:
- Challenges getting the right talent on board for building product
- Defining your business problem that is AI-Solvable today vs future
- Getting your starter dataset & Benefits for early users
- Product Timeline: AI Product vs Software Product
- Importance of domain knowledge in your team
- Challenges in scaling your AI business
- Getting funded
Vijay Gabale is CTO and co-founder of Infilect Technologies. Infilect offers several products in the domain of entertainment, media, and retail by leveraging visual data and providing visual intelligence. Vijay is a PhD from IIT Bombay, and ex-research-scientist IBM Research.
Birds Of Feather (BOF) session: AI - ethics and privacy
In the aftermath of Cambridge Analytica issue, now public is more conscious about privacy and companies are forced to follow some standards. It also opened a pandora box of issues that has been brewing for a while like bias in algorithms. more