##About the conference
This is a payments conference, with focus on the following topics:
- Interoperability: where we want to discuss how technology for interoperability interacts with regulations, not only in India, but also across the world.
- Blockchain: and its relationship – as practiced – with trust, decentralization and security.
- Digital payments, grievance redressal and trust: how do we build an open ecosystem where consumers develop trust in digital payments, and not drop off because of experiences with money lost in the pipeline.
- Product managers.
- Teams and representatives from banks.
- Representatives from regulatory bodies.
- Representatives from payment companies and startups.
50p Mumbai is a single day, single track conference with:
- Panel discussions.
- Short presentations of 20-30 mins.
- 101 sessions.
- Open Q&A sessions moderated by professionals from the ecosystem.
##Conference date: 8 July, 2017
For more information about speaking proposals, tickets and sponsorships, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-7676332020.
You don't need blockchain
A short talk on why you don’t need blockchain. This won’t go into the details of what a blockchain is or how it works, but point out why blockchain is not the magical silver bullet to your payment problems and how you can survive without it.
The talk can be summarized by the image in this tweet: https://twitter.com/disruptepreneur/status/755857596423077888
If you are a bank or a FinTech company not dealing with bitcoins or ether, you don’t need blockchain*. The talk will go over the details of when you should consider blockchains and when you are better off without them.
* - Conditions Apply
I do tech and security at Razorpay. I’ve worn lots of hats at Razorpay, where I’ve managed to learn a lot about payments within India.