After e-commerce, digital payments are again changing the way we buy and sell. As a developer you have a chance of building the app others will come to depend on.
HasGeek is organizing a new conference on the payments landscape, with a choice of topics bridging the gap between developers and business, merchants and buyers, and banks and regulators.
We are now accepting submissions around the theme of digital payments.
- Demystifying the payments landscape, specifically -
- Foreign exchange
- Cross-border funds transactions: what is legal, what is not?
- New developments in the payment landscape like:
- The Unified Payments Interface
- Future course
- Subscription billing
- Split payments?
- Operational guidelines
- Payment banks
- Use of chatbots by wallets as interface with customers
- Bitcoin and blockchain
- Ethereum, etc.
- AEPS (aadhar e-payment system)
- International payments in India
- The Unified Payments Interface
- Payments instruments
- At Point of Sale (POS)
- The smartphone as payment instrument:
- Identity verification
- Portability across platforms (Android, iOS)
- Resilience under loss of access to network
- Money transfer at POS (to a brick-and-mortar vendor)
- Structure, implementation, and effects of the ongoing demonetization scheme
- Workshops around open APIs from banks and PSPs
We are inviting proposals for:
Full-length 40 minute talks.
Crisp 15-minute talks.
Sponsored sessions, 15 minute duration (limited slots available; subject to editorial scrutiny and approval).
Hands-on Workshop sessions, 3 and 6 hour duration.
Proposals will be filtered and shortlisted by an Editorial Panel. We urge you to add links to videos / slide decks when submitting proposals. This will help us understand your speaking experience, and if further practice is required. Blurbs or blog posts covering the relevance of a particular problem statement and how it is tackled will help the Editorial Panel better judge your proposals.
We expect you to submit an outline of your proposed talk – either in the form of a mind map or a text document or draft slides within two weeks of submitting your proposal.
We will notify you about the status of your proposal within three weeks of submission.
Selected speakers must participate in one or two rounds of rehearsals before the conference. This is mandatory and helps you to prepare well for the conference.
A speaker is NOT confirmed a slot unless we explicitly mention so in an email or over any other medium of communication.
There is only one speaker per session. Entry is free for selected speakers. As our budget is limited, we prefer speakers from locations closer home, but will do our best to cover for anyone exceptional. HasGeek will provide a grant to cover part of your travel and accommodation in Bangalore. Grants are limited and made available to speakers delivering full sessions (40 minutes or longer).
50p will be held at the MLR Convention Centre, JP Nagar.
For more information about speaking proposals, tickets and sponsorships, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-7676332020.
Blockchain Development - Lets build a remittance/bank exchange platform on top of ethereum
- Introduction to blockchain
- Introduction to walther & CoinBank admin dapp
- Setting up ethereum blockchain private 3-node setup - Getting used to geth.
- Introduction to truffle — A blockchain framework to build dapps
- Solidity — Writing smart contracts
- Deploying smart contract onto the blockchain
- Onboarding the user onto the CB-Exchange service
- Transfer tokens to another user.
- Exploring more usecases
[Full working demo along with code]
I’m Yeshwanth Kumar, a polyglot programmer with interests in cloud automation and orchestration. A DevOps Engineer at Axelerant Technologies, currently building a developer platform, with the focus on automating stateful applications. I’m a huge blockchain enthusiast and have been working in implementing Blockchain PoCs for various companies. Recently I was part of the team which was building a loyalty points platform on top of ethereum. I have previously worked on integrating Blockchain As A Service into a cloud platform with Eris.