Practical Observability 1.x.x
- What is Observability? The 3 pillars of Observability - Metrics, Traces and Logs
- What problems does Prometheus solve and what remains to be done?
- Why Distributed Tracing became so important?
- How does Jaeger work? Exploring capabilities with example
- Running both Prometheus and Jaeger to get metrics + traces. How complex can it go?
- How much data are we talking of? Sampling to the rescue
- Rise of CNCF project OpenTelemetry, an observability framework for cloud-native software. Why is open-telemetry important? Is it worth the noise?
- Pros and cons of using SaaS vs OSS solutions
- Demo of using Distributed Tracing to debug applications using SigNoz
Synthetic monitoring using Sitespeed.io
Synthetic monitoring using Sitespeed.io When we rely only on the metrics we collect from the user (Real User Monitoring - RUM) to understand how the application performs, we face few shortcomings. We will be able to identify any performance degradation only after it reaches the user. It will be hard to identify any degradation if the volume of the data is insufficient. Also, the metrics may vary … more