Videos for the January 2023 meetup are now uploaded Videos for the January 2023 meetup are now uploaded. Please see the video section. more
This will be an online meetup with no specific agenda however we are happy to accept submissions for talks if any.
Anyone interested in Rust is welcomed to join. While we will have no specific agenda, attendees can discuss, speak or ask about
- Get help or clarification on any specific topic or question
- Speak about project or something you are working or looking to work on
- Share any specific experience on using Rust in any of your projects
- Discuss any book/topic/library/blog in Rust
- Want to propose a reading group?
- Anything Rust
Developing GUI Apps using Rust's Iced Library
With System76 (the company behind PopOS) joining hands with Iced library for their new desktop environment COSMIC, the popularity of Iced library has only strengthened. In this talk, I’ll give a brief overview of how one can move forward with developing a GUI app - from frontend to backend - using Rust, mainly focused on Iced for frontend.
Why should you attend? #
- You don’t need to learn 3 different frameworks or languages to build an app. Rust is enough.
- You can write tests for your core logic. Writing tests in Rust is easier.
- Developing cross-platform apps is fun. You want to use it? Here you go!
- From frontend to backend, everything is covered.
What will be in this talk? #
- An introduction to
- A quick demo of a couple of apps I’ve built so far using Iced. (100% Rust)
- How can you build a very simple app using Iced, today?
- Code walk through!
Who am I? #
I’m Kushashwa, working as a Software Engineer at Abnormal Security. Before this, I’ve worked at Lightning AI, Quansight, NVIDIA (US). I love reading source codes, and that’s what interested me in my college days where I first contributed to OpenCV, and then contributed to PyTorch for around 2 years.
I started learning Rust, live on my twitch channel (buffetcodes) - almost half a year back, and my respect and love for the community and the language has only grown since then. My profiles if anyone wants to check these out: