This will be an in person meetup, and we are happy to accept submissions for talks, if any.
Anyone interested in Rust is welcomed to join. While we will have no specific agenda, attendees can discuss, speak or ask about
- Get help or clarification on any specific topic or question
- Speak about a project or something you are working or looking to work on
- Share any specific experience on using Rust in any of your projects
- Discuss any book/topic/library/blog in Rust
- Want to propose a reading group?
- Anything Rust
SurrealKV: A Deep Dive into a versioned, embedded, ACID-Compliant Key-Value Database in Rust
This talk delves into the low levels of SurrealKV, a versioned, embedded, ACID-compliant key-value database being developed in Rust.
- Share personal experience building a KV store in Rust language for the first time.
- Discuss how Rust’s ownership model contributes to the internal data structure.
- Discuss how Snapshot Isolation is achieved using CoW mechanism.
- Delve into the implementation of ACID properties in SurrealKV.
- Discuss ongoing developments.
By the end of this talk, attendees will gain a deeper understanding of SurrealKV’s design and it’s use cases.