The workshop will begin with an introduction to information security and format.
The introduction will cover:
- Objectives of the event.
- Brief overview of the environment the participants will be working on.
- General idea about the challenges.
The instructors will also discuss career options in the InfoSec domain. Participants will set up their laptops for the workshop during this session.
• A laptop with Admin privileges.
• At least 10 GB of free space.
• Minimum 2GB Ram.
• Operating System any of the following: OSX , Win 7 and above, Ubuntu 12.0.4.
• VMware OR VirtualBox 4.x.x installed.
• Kali OS iso from https://www.kali.org/downloads/
• Download OWASP BWA version 1.1.1 from http://sourceforge.net/projects/owaspbwa/files/
Apoorva Giri works as a Security Analyst with iViZ Security (a Cigital company). She has presented a workshop on “Cyber Security and Ethical Hacking for Women” at c0c0n 2014at Kochi, Kerala. Her interests lie in Web Application Security and Mobile Security. She’s an active member of Null/OWASP Bangalore Chapter. She has been listed on the Barracuda Hall of Fame for finding vulnerabilities on their application.
Shruthi Kamath works at Infosys Limited. She is a certified Ethical Hacker from EC Council. She has presented a workshop on “Cyber Security and Ethical Hacking for Women” at c0c0n 2014. She has conducted a one day workshop on “OWASP TOP 10” at Null Bangalore chapter. She has presented on “Secure SDLC” at c0c0n Conference 2013.She has participated at Jailbreak NULLCON 2014. She presented a talk on “Cybercrimes in India and its Mitigation” at the National Conference for Women Police held at Trivandrum. She is an active member of Null/OWASP Bangalore Chapter. Her area of interest is Web Application Security.