MiniShift: Run OpenShift Locally
Kubernetes is becoming the defacto standard for container orchestration. OpenShift is a Kubernetes distribution which is tailor made for enterprises. It has some extra features on top of Kubernetes to make it a full fledged container platform or platform as a service (PaaS).
Minishift provides a CLI tool for running OpenShift locally on the workstation for day-to-day use. The objective of Minishift is to make OpenShift easier for developers. The idea is to empower developers to use OpenShift on their workstations for day to day development of containerized applications. After the development they then move the application to a proper OpenShift setup which should be part of a CICD pipeline.
- Introduction to Minishift
- Quick start
- Demo of Minishift quick start
- Demo of deploying an application in OpenShift running in Minishift.
- Curious to learn
Praveen Kumar works at Red Hat, in developers tool team where he build tools to help developers to build containerized application.
- MiniShift Project: https://github.com/MiniShift/minishift
- MiniShift Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HC2I_TXBfI&index=113&list=PLzZVLecTsGpLhEwJlgVLP-36T7b8AjRG1
- Lighting Talk on MiniShift: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BAIOUON2Uo&feature=youtu.be&t=3885