Instructor’s slides for the workshop are available here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Tqsb30jsVAYeQh2bO96ddRAn_m_Oc5fBxAvwX_MtAtk/edit#slide=id.p1
Prometheus is an open-source monitoring system that has gained incredible adoption in companies of all shapes and sizes. It has a very powerful data-model and a burgeoning community. The adoption is accelerating.
##About the Prometheus Training Workshop:
In this workshop, participants will learn how to work with Prometheus from the basics, covering the data-model and architecture before moving to PromQL (the query language) and debugging strategies.
Participants will set up the components required before using them, and will incrementally learn about all the features of Prometheus. After this workshop, each participant will have the end-to-end knowledge of setting up and managing Prometheus, and also how to instrument applications for Prometheus.
##Why attend the workshop:
- Learn how to use and operate Prometheus, one of the most popular monitoring systems with growing adoption
- Learn how to do monitoring properly using modern tools
##Who should attend this workshop:
- Developers and professionals working on Ops, who run and manage infra
- Developers who are looking for a solid monitoring system that is simple to manage
- People who are already working with Prometheus in their organizations, but who don’t understand PromQL or its concepts
#Pre-requisites to attend the workshop:
- Participants needn’t have prior knowledge about Prometheus to participate in this workshop.
- Participants must bring their own laptops to use while following the instructor’s instructions. Linux/Mac OS is highly preferred over Windows. If you are attending the workshop with a Windows OS, you must inform the organizers beforehand so that the instructor can prepare accordingly.
- No prior software installation is required. Software installation will be done at the workshop.
##About the instructor:
Goutham Veeramachaneni is a developer from India who started his journey as an infra intern at a large company where he worked on deploying Prometheus. After the initial encounter, he started contributing to Prometheus and interned with CoreOS, working on Prometheus’ new storage engine.
He is now an active contributor to the Prometheus eco-system and a maintainer for TSDB, the engine behind Prometheus 2.0. He works at Grafana Labs, on open-source observability tools.
When not hacking away, he is on his bike adding miles and hurting his bum.
Date: Friday, 20 September
Time: 9:15 AM to 5:15 PM
Venue: CloudCover, 501, 5th Floor, Zero-One, Mundhwa Rd, Pingale Wasti, Koregaon Park Annexe, Mundhwa, Pune - 411036
#Workshop Venue Partner
For inquiries about the workshop and tickets, call 7676332020 or email email@example.com