Finite State Machines, Python, and Everything
A “Finite State Machine” (FSM) is a theoretical system which can be in one of the finite states at a time. It can change the state from one to another in response to an external input or a condition.
FSM(s) have the ability to simplify the design process of a complex operation or workflow. Designing the application or system using a FSM makes it deterministic, leaving no undefined behavior.
This talk will discuss about FSM(s) in depth, and using them to build maintainable Python services.
The following topics will be covered in the talk.
- What is a Finite State Machine?
- Finite State Machines around us.
- How to design a FSM for a problem statement?
- Working with FSM in Python.
- Currently working with Vernacular.ai as a Software Developer, have been using Python for 3+ years.
- Worked with Plotly as a Data Journalist and Myntra as a Software Developer (Intern).
- Contributor to the Go programming language.