PyCon, the gathering for the community using and developing the open-source Python programming language. This is the first year of the PyCon Pune where the community will meet for two days of talks and working on upstream projects in two days of dev sprint. CFP ends on 30th November AoE.
Python for Engineering students
A talk followed by a discussion on how to introduce engineering students from various streams to Python. It will contain the must know tools for all engineers followed by specialised tools for every stream of engineering. This is not a tutorial on learning Python.
- Lorenz attractor- what it is, Graph, Python representation
- Distinguishing features of Python
- Python as the most popular tool in US universities for teaching introductory computer science
- Case study: Pune University Engineering Syllabus
- Comparison of sample codes - Python vs Present approach
5.a. Matrix Multiplication
5.b. Matrix - Inverse Property
5.c. Plotting of sine wave (Examples-Amplitude Modulation, Beats, Intereference/Diffraction)
5.d. Complex Number Operations
5.e. Fourier Transform
5.f. Curve Tracing
5.g. Solving Differential Equations
5.h. Non-ideal Gas Equation
5.j. Curve Fitting after experiments
- Must know libraries for every engineer- Numpy, Scipy, Matplotlib
Pen and Paper
I am an Mtech student. I interned with TCS innovation labs for a year on their satellite image processing project in Python.