PyCon, the gathering for the community using and developing the open-source Python programming language. This is the first year of the PyCon Pune where the community will meet for two days of talks and working on upstream projects in two days of dev sprint. CFP ends on 30th November AoE.
Python code profiling using line_profiler
Why should one test their code?
How can one test their code?
Which tools to use? How to use them? How to understand the test results?
This talk will give the audience an idea on how they can test their python program for its performance and optimize their code. Be it a simple program with few lines of code or a large software. We will discuss how we can use line_profiler and determine why our program might not be performing as we expect and at which point.
The talk will proceed as follows:
1. Introduction to Python profilers.
2. Brief history of line_profiler.
3. How to install line_profiler (using dnf, pip or from source).
4. Adding decorator to the code for profiling.
5. Steps to run profiler and how to check the profiled output.
6. Demo and understanding the output.
7. Advantages of Profilers.
8. Q & A.
Google Summer of Code 2015 student developer.
FudCon 2015 participant and speaker.