PyCon, the gathering for the community using and developing the open-source Python programming language. This is the first year of the PyCon Pune where the community will meet for two days of talks and working on upstream projects in two days of dev sprint. CFP ends on 30th November AoE.
Microsoft ❤ Python : Leveraging Microsoft Azure cloud using Python and PTVS
The talk focuses on how developers (Web / Machine Learning / Data Science / Services) can use Python along with the PaaS, IaaS offerings of Microsoft Azure to build applications in Python and easily deploy them in a few clicks to Microsoft Azure. The talk will showcase rapid web development with flask and django from setup of the project, development and deployment of the web applications to azure websites. It’ll also showcase running python background tasks and time based tasks like triggers using Azure webjobs and webservices. The entire talk and demos would be done using open source tools like Python tools for Visual Studio (PTVS) while showcasing capabilities like using multiple virtual environments, built in debuggers a powerful IDE.
- Introduction to Microsoft Open Source and Python Tools for Visual Studio
- Show case of the capabilities and solutions that can be built with PTVS and Azure
- Real implementation and impact of Python at Microsoft India in resolving and monitoring engineering systems.
- Headstart to Web application development and easy deployments to the azure cloud.
- Using python to build IOT Applications with Azure backends.
- Running time senstive tasks and machine learning with AzureML.
I am a Software Engineer at Microsoft India R&D Pvt. Ltd working on building services and tools for common architecture and tools at Microsoft. I am a dedicated open source contributor with more than 3 years of open source community contributions to various organizations like Mozilla, Fedora, FOSSASIA, Loklak, Open source design and Yacy.net. I am one of the core developers for the Loklak P2P Systems project. I actively contribute to PSF as a committer to coala providing patches to numpy and astropy when time permits. I’ve previously been an intern with Microsoft, Redhat and a two time Google Summer of Code student (2015, 2016).
An active researcher, an avid reader and a hacker at heart, I believe in the true spirit of open source and the impact that it can deliver.
- http://www.hanselman.com/blog/OneOfMicrosoftsBestKeptSecretsPythonToolsForVisualStudioPTVS.aspx - Microsoft’s Best Kept Secrets
- https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/ - Download Visual Studio
- https://github.com/sudheesh001 - Github profile
- http://sudheesh.info/ - Personal Website