High on Design
As creators of products we are torn between focussing resources on core product functionality vs. user interface enhancements. In this discussion we will learn how the two are not isolated and explore various processes and tools that make these decisions easier.
The session will focus on ideas and techniques that enable the creation of user interfaces that engage and empower users and eventually create product advocates.
We will chat about:
- Showcase of some products to learn from
- Design thinking for ideation
- Rapid prototyping techniques
- Guerilla testing & other UX testing methods
- Why spending time on Design now will increase the ROI in the future
Tulsi Dharmarajan has more than 17 years of experience in design, engineering, UX, and analytics at both startup and enterprise companies. Most recently, she has been involved with using the lean startup model for creating software. She believes that lean, alongside agile development & agile UX holds the key to creating software for the future.
She is passionate about creating software that helps her customers reduce their workload, feel happier while doing so, and inspire them to become product advocates!
Over the past few years, I have spoken about design at Product Camps, MeetUps, and User Groups in the US. I recently moved back to India and would like to engage with the community here.
- LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/tulsid/
- Blog: http://tulsid.wordpress.com
- Slideshare: http://www.slideshare.net/tulsid