Submit talks and workshops on:
- Full stack engineering
- Architecture approaches and case studies
- Web development
We will find a forum to place your talk, any time during the year.
For more information, contact email@example.com or call 7676332020
Pixel shaders based UI components + mini workshop let`s write your first pixel shader
5 years ago shaders transformed game graphics and became the technology behind all the amazing VFX we see in computer games. Now they are ready to rock the Web. Shaders are widely used in computer graphics providing unlimited abilities and amazing performance however for Web apps they are still underutilized despite wide browsers support. This talk introduces pixel shaders theory / history and then switches to solving a real world problem using shaders by making a small workshop during which you will write your first pixel shader based UI component and find how to integrate it with your Web application.
- How many languages are well supported on the web?
- You are wrong. At least one more is missing - GLSL and it is special…
- History of GLSL
- GLSL features
- Simpliest pixel shader
- Real world case for pixel shader based UI components
- Workshop on writing your first ever pixel shader steps 1-8
- Integrating GLSL components to your Web application
- Time for a surprize! To prove GLSL is unbeatable in terms of performance and flexibility I livecode UI component made during the workshop into impressive music visualization. Nice point to start the party!?
Notebook with Google Chrome installed