Submit talks and workshops on:
- Full stack engineering
- Architecture approaches and case studies
- Web development
We will find a forum to place your talk, any time during the year.
For more information, contact email@example.com or call 7676332020
Don't npm install
- When dependencies fail us: typical solutions
- All the dependencies we depend on (it’s more than you probably realize)
- Create an isolated, consistent dev environment with Docker
- We can avoid ever having to install node_modules locally 😮
- So what is Docker anyways?
- What is a container?
- What is an image?
- Quick Docker examples for context
- Our Docker image for local development
- npm start … with no node_modules 🤯
- working on older versions of the app
- bonus: faster CI builds
A laptop is always nice for those who want to follow along with the examples or just browse their facebook timeline during the talk. Familiarity with node package managers and a typical node.js workflow is assumed. No prior knowledge of Docker is required … just pay close attention! Besides that, show up excited to learn about Docker, containers, and how you can mitigate your battles with npm.