JSFoo is a platform for:
- Front-end engineers
- Fullstack developers
- Web application development teams
- Senior architects
- Share insights from work on web application development.
- Learn from peers.
- Understand perspectives on component architecture, front-end security, performance and emerging trends.
Talks from previous editions of JSFoo are published on hasgeek.tv/jsfoo
The Pune edition will be held on 28 February 2020 at MCCIA, Pune.
View schedule on https://hasgeek.com/jsfoo/2020-pune/schedule
JSFoo Pune 2020 will cover the following topics:
- Monorepos and tools to use for collaborating across large teams.
- Typescript - patterns and anti-patterns.
- New developments: ESNext
- DevSecOps for front-end; building defenses for client-side attacks.
- DevOps for front-end, including discussions on Kubernetes.
- PureScript and production use cases.
For inquiries about speaking/collaborating with JSFoo, write to email@example.com
Speaker Travel Sponsor
Codemods - A Paradigm Shift in Migrating Large code-bases
Codemod is a mechanism to make sweeping changes across your code with ease and effectiveness, assisting in large-scale migrations of the code-base. This can be performed through automated tools such as jscodeshift. Many JS frameworks rely heavily on codemods to make the associated code migrations seamless, so that the developers using the frameworks don’t have to rewrite a significant amount of code when they move on to new APIs or to a new version of the framework itself. Frameworks such as React, Vue, Angular and Ember have published a lot of codemods (and codemod tools) to assist the developers to carry out large-scale code migrations for the applications written in the frameworks.
Codemods - Why and What, Problem with Regex pattern matching, Find & Replace Limitations, AST, How codemods work, Tooling around codemods - jscodeshift, recast, astexplorer.net, ast-types, codemod-cli and possibly a small demo of creating a codemod if time permits.
I am working with Freshworks as a front-end developer. I am passionate about open-source software and currently writing codemods for the Ember.js community.
Having studied and written