Need to build a Rule Engine from scratch
What was the need to construct a rule engine to power India’s biggest recharge platform aka Paytm?
Why do we need a rule engine for language which itself is dynamic ?
How nodeJS proved to be a great platform for re-thinking a core problem.
We will be asking questions such as
What Purpose does a Rule Engine serve?
How to decide what goes in Code flow and what goes in Rule Engine?
How much control of your code do you want to give to your Product Managers, Operations, Business analysts and even NOC teams ?
In this talk we will be discussing the need to build a rule engine from scratch.
- Profiling and Benchmarking the Engine
- What decisions impacted the rule engine
- Showcase GUIs and simulation engine.
- Showcase Rule Formation and chaining.
Improving Rules and Making an attempt at ML
- How to improve rule Engine with Collecting Meta info about rules and data.
Finally closing with demos, scaling, and discussion on distributed nature of solution.
Taranjeet ( with Shrey ) has worked in paytm and has taken the learning to gradestack.