Observables and Angular2
Observables are important part of reactive programming. Angular2 works in coherence with rxJS, Java Script library for reactive Extensions. Observables are very powerful, but there’s a lack of awareness about how to leverage it.
This talk about common scenarios where observables can be used in angular2, limitations and when to choose not to use observables.
Take aways from this talk will be
- an understanding of http service and async pipe.
- creating observables for different use cases.
- Walk through the code of an example web component
It is for anyone who is interested in using Observables in their Angular2/JS application.
I will talk about basics of Observables and advantages of observables over promise.
I will also cover
1. HTTP service and async pipes.
2. Create observables from events
3. Use case of observables.
I will walk you through the code of a type ahead component to explain the solution.
Creating web components in angular2 interests me a lot.