Let’s learn from the collective intelligence of hundreds of contributors to take home at least a few coding lessons we can put to use immediately. Let’s focus on the language again and rekindle that romance!
Someone as smart as me was able to add these two things together and come up a topic for a talk!
- Did you know that the backbone.js is only 1600 LoC?
- Do you know how backbone router deals with the History API
- Do you know how backbone Object.extend pattern works?
- Do you know how backbone is instantiated?
- Do you like hacks and/or funny comments that make you smile?
In 40 minutes, we’ll take a look at some of the most interesting code snippets from the Backbone source and understand the clever hacks and patterns that have ended up there by the collective effort of hundreds of contributors. I hope you take away at least a few new patterns or ideas from this talk that you can start applying practically straight away.
Just knowing vanilla.js syntax should be enough.
He’s not sure whether he should be writing this in the third-person.