Building Realtime Applications with Meteor.js
1) Learn how to use Meteor.js to build realtime applications
2) Learn about OpenShift platform as a Service and how deploy your Meteor.js apps on it.
Meteor.js allows you to quickly build interactive, event-driven applications that can broadcast changes out to connected browsers using websockets, node.js, and MongoDB. Meteor is an ultra-simple environment for building modern websites. What once took weeks, even with the best tools, now takes hours with Meteor. In this session, we’ll build a simple application using Meteor.js and then deploy the application to OpenShift. OpenShift is an open source PaaS from Red Hat. By the end of this hands-on action packed session, you will learn how to develop meteor.js applications and deploy them to cloud.
- Some of my talk links
- 1) MongoDB Bangalore http://www.10gen.com/presentations/mongodb-bangalore-2012/bringing-spacial-love-your-java-application
- 2) JavaOne Russia https://speakerdeck.com/shekhargulati/javaone-russia-thinking-beyond-rdbms-building-polyglot-persistence-applications
- 3) JavaOne India https://oraclein.activeevents.com/connect/sessionDetail.ww?SESSION_ID=1103
- My publications
- IBM Developerworks http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/os-springroo1/
- Developer.com http://www.developer.com/author/Shekhar-Gulati-108390.htm
- OpenShift Blog https://www.openshift.com/author/shekhar-gulati