Sessions are for 45 minutes each: 30 minutes speaking, 10 minutes of Q&A and 5 minutes for people to move between rooms. Tickets are free for confirmed speakers. If you’ve proposed to speak, please wait to hear from us before you buying your ticket. If your proposal is not selected, you will still get Early Geek pricing.
Rise of Node.js
The objective is to understand the popularity of node.js.
- Understand what exactly node.js is.
- High level overview of how to build something similar to node.js using V8, libio, libev
- Node.js internals
- Deep inside Event driven programming vs Thread based programming Vs Green Threads
- Pros & Cons of event driven programming
- Asynchronous IO vs Fake Asynchronous IO
- Understand poll, select, /dev/poll, kqueue, IO completion ports
- Why node.js is that popular?
- Comparing node.js with other similar solutions
- Various unique aspects of node.js
- Scaling for production environment
- How scaling web applications is different from scaling networking applications
- The multi-core story
- When to use fork/threads/workers
- Node.js community
- Adoption of node.js
- Choosing the right framework/modules
- Pros & Cons of using node.js
- Things to be considered before switching to node.js
- Future of node.js
Part of my role is to evaluate new relevant technologies and recently had to touch Node.js. I am here to share my learning.