This tutorial will cover the fundamentals of GraphQL and the tooling required to implement GraphQL in Vue.js apps. Content includes:
- Introduction to GraphQL (Queries, Mutations, Subscriptions)
- Setting up GraphQL Client with Vue Apollo
- Integrating GraphQL queries in your Vue app
- Making use of Variables in Mutations
- Learning how to update local cache using Apollo
- Optimistic updates to local state in the Vue app
- Using subscriptions in Vue components
- Real-time feed with notification style UI
- Testing auth and permissions
By the end of this tutorial, participants will have built a real-time to-do app in Vue, incorporating the key concepts and patterns behind building a Vue app with GraphQL.
##Who should attend this workshop:
- This tutorial is for developers with intermediate to advanced knowledge of Vue.js. Any front-end or fullstack developer with Vue.js familiarity should attend this workshop.
##Software installation requirements for the tutorial:
Participants must bring their own laptops to attend the tutorial. Mac/linux OS are preferred for this workshop. Your laptop should be able to run Node.js servers.
If you are bringing a Windows laptop inform the organizers by sending an email to email@example.com so that the same can be communicated with the instructor.
Participants must install the following software before attending the tutorial:
- Node.js 8+
Date: Saturday, 9 November
Time: 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM
Venue: Hasura, Terrace (3rd Floor), Building No 37/38, SBI Colony, 80 Feet Rd, 3rd Block, Koramangala, Bangalore - 560034
For inquiries about the workshop and tickets, call 7676332020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org