##We have closed submissions for Fragments Conf, Bangalore edition which will be held on 30 March. If you wish to submit a proposal for the conference, make a submission here.
Fragments is a conference on mobile engineering, including:
- State of platforms/OS
- Engineering approaches and paradigms
In 2019, Fragments is a traveling conference with editions in Ahmedabad, Bangalore, and potentially Hyderabad and Kochi (in the second half of 2019).
##Topics for submission:
We seek proposals -- for short and long talks, Birds of Feather (BOF) session topics, and workshops + tutorials -- on the following topics:
- Deep dive technical talks on Flutter.
- AR Core: practical approaches and the business use cases.
- Reducing app size to below 10MB and how to cater for lower-end phones.
- PWA caching strategies.
- ML Kit (ML Kit | Google Developers).
- On device ML.
- Server-side ML.
- Progressive ML, where the fallback is on-device ML when the device goes offline.
- Functional programming for mobile.
- Coroutines in Kotlin.
- Mobile specific user research.
- Case studies from teams which have switched away from cross platform approaches.
- Use cases for which Native apps work versus use cases where it doesn’t make sense to build Native apps.
- Deep dive talks on performance.
- Optimising for lower-end hardware.
- Future of chatbots for conversations on mobile.
- Automating design to code.
If you have questions/queries, write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
iOS & Android components with Flutter & reactive Dart
Issues with React Native and Cordova such as Slow UI, unidirectional eventing, limited by browser capability, no access to native hardware capabilities will be highlighted and compared with this new approach in an architectural case study.
- Challenges with react native and Cordova, JavaScrip bridge - how to solve it?
- Learn developing cross platform apps with Flutter
- Applying Material design and Cupertino components in iOS and Android apps
- Understand Functional and reactive code with Dart
Generating native code and compiling for a target OS - very good for Startups!
** Cupertino components on iOS
** Material design on Android
** Hands on demonstration: Conversational UI app
** Hands on Flutter app development on android and iOS app development
** Creating reusable components with Material designs and Cupertino with a flutter app that runs on Android and iOS, demo to build a conversational UI.
Dart allows faster code writing and deployment. It allows building components with lesser code.
Moreover, there are a lot of fan followers and that is growing faster as it is Google that can change the paradigm of Mobile app/components development.
Everything is a widget, reactive programming is a paradigm shift for conventional sequential instruction based programming, this is instead a benefit except the change in mindset part.
30% larger binary due to its cross platform libraries - this is an opportunity of improvement
Full stack engineer at Intuit. Design, develop and Architect solutions for complex engineering problems for QuickBooks customers.