Fast Loading Your React Apps : Where to Start
This talk is aimed at React front-end developers. The talk is based on my experiences with optimizing React Web App front-end performance. The goal is to share the experiences with the audience to help them:
- Understand how to start analyzing for performance for React Web App
- Various options they have when it comes to improving performance
The talk shall contain analysis screenshots, list of plugins / presets / config options to use, code snippets to serve the above purpose.
Shall cover the following areas with actual examples and code snippets:
- How to approach optimizing performance of React Web App (what to analyze, where to start, tools to use for analysis)
- Tree shaking opportunities (automatic tree shaking and Webpack plugins, options for further tree shaking)
- How to approach code splitting (listing libraries, React options that can be used)
- How to maximize caching benefits through vendor bundling (with splitchunks, CommonChunksPlugin examples)
- How to set up performance efficient babel transpilation (with babel-preset-env examples)
I’m founder of Tezify.com - an org that is focussed solely on website front-end performance. Selling my consulting services - I have optimized front-end performance for various high volume traffic websites in India - this includes React SPAs at reputed startups.