Concerns about privacy are growing mainly because:
- The costs of compliance have increased, including monetary fines and penalties for non-compliance to regulations - GDPR, CCPA, sector-specific rules such as for health, fintech and social media platforms.
- Privacy is important to build trust with users, and for user retention.
- Growing awareness about privacy and demand from customers for businesses to guarantee privacy of their data.
These, and other imperatives - business, regulatory, governmental - are the basis for the Privacy Engineering Conference.
Plan for the Conference: Scheduled for January 2021, this conference will have the following build-up activities:
- Bi-monthly meetups, leading to the build-up of the conference.
- Public talks - by privacy engineers - to help us push the boundaries of engineering approaches and solutions.
- Round tables and Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions - for targeted domains and segments to discuss specific concerns, and how cross-pollination can occur for building towards a community for privacy enhancing technologies.
- Collaborations to create content such as cheatsheets, case studies, checklists and guides, which will help the tech industry in efforts for building privacy-tech.
- Other activites as per needs, demand and topicality.
The Call for Proposals (CfP) is open. Presentations submitted via the CfP will be funneled to the build-up sessions.
Participate in Communities: If you are concerned/interested in discussing privacy, engineering and design issues, consider participating in groups such as:
These groups/communities actively discuss privacy, data governance and privacy-tech issues, including organizing events on topical issues.
You can also join The Fifth Elephant’s Telegram group here: https://t.me/fifthel to talk to data scientists and ML engineers on privacy-tech (among other topics).
Contact information: For queries, write to email@example.com or call 7676332020.