Whether you are an amateur, an AI enthusiast, or a veteran ML engineer, we invite you to participate in The Fifth Elephant Open Source AI hackathon. We will have experienced mentors giving you guidance on the projects that you are working on. And did we say cash prizes!?!?!
You can submit your project idea and outline here.
- Only open-source models and projects will be valid. So please use LLaMa 2 model by Meta or other open-source models only.
- Jury members will need a link to a demo, and your GitHub repo for the project.
- A public video link to the demo will also be required. You can use this for the in-person presentation to the jury members as well.
Participants can propose projects which cover the spectrum of GenAI. Following are some of the themes you can work on, and which the jury will consider:
- AI for Scientific Research: e.g. Protein folding models, climate models, drug discovery, image recognition for scientific research, simulations for material science, epidemiology, and more.
- AI for inclusivity and accessibility: e.g. STT/TTS, automated audio descriptions (for non-voice content), automated color blindness correction, AI powered sign language generation, real-time AI powered captioning display for events, educational resources, and content translation across languages by leveraging multi-lingual models, adaptive content for differences in learning ability and/or neurodivergence, etc.
- AI and creative expression: e.g., generative audio, video, text and visuals and ways to combine these in a production-oriented direction, including AR/VR/Gaming and OTT implementations.
- AI in education: e.g., personalized learning plans, adaptive learning plans, content creation, translation with context, AI tutors, productivity tools, well-being improvement tools, etc.
- AI for India: for e.g., India-specific law, models that focus on indic languages, renewable energy optimization, disaster response and relief, education accessibility.
Divya Tak: co-founder at Joyus, a multi-disciplinary creative. Divya also runs the AI for creatives community.
Bharat Shetty is an AI/ML Consultant. He has worked for Airtel Labs and other organizations on AI/ML/NLP platforms and products, across diverse verticals such as conversational AI, EdTech, IOT, and healthcare. Bharat is the editor of The Fifth Elephant Winter edition, and papers discussion community.
All submissions for the projects must be made here. Your ideas and projects are iterative. Use this opportunity to discuss your ideas with the curators and mentors, and improve on them as the hackathon date approaches.
Submissions are also helpful to find collaborators for your projects. Be open and forthcoming in sharing your ideas.
Five prizes of Rs. 1,00,000 (one lakh rupees) each, will be given to winners at the hackathon. One prize is allocated for each theme.
If you have questions about the format of the hackathon, post a comment here.
Follow @fifthel on Twitter.
For any inquiries, call The Fifth Elephant on +91-7676332020.