Supply Chain - Network Intelligence & Orchestration
Ecommerce Supply chain needs to be agile & efficient and particularly, for a horizontal marketplace it becomes even more complex while managing a variety of categories (mobile, home appliances, books, jewellery, grocery, furniture), seller & customer segments. I would want to talk about the nature of complexity in managing a fulfillment network for a large ecommerce platform managing a variety of products/customer demands. The thought process employed in navigating the problem statement and close loop with one usecase.
Solving for this proposition requires granular network aware intelligent orchestration controlling from Service design changes to network nodal decisions. This talk will provide insights on how Flipkart is edging past in this specific area applying decision science.
- Establish the demands of the operating space. [Horizontal Marketplace]
- Establish the significance of sustainable proposition [Experience, Cost]
- Design of Intelligent Network Orchestration
- Network awareness (Lead time, capacity, throughput)
- Systemised Network Orchestration
- Demand Shaping through Service pricing
- Supply Variability management
- Way forward
- Developing an Ecosystem (Vendors, Partners, Free-lancers)
- Value creation through integration across the value chain (Manufacturer, Distributor, Seller/Retailer, Customers)
Senthil is a Director of Products, managing fulfillment experience in Flipkart. I have 7+ years spent on deep understanding of ecommerce supply chain technology. Passed out from NIT-Trichy & IIM-Calcutta, have started my product management journey in Flipkart. Have launched variety of supply chain solutions in Flipkart expanding across categories, business models and also have indepth knowledge in managing cash flow solutions, accounting, vendor management, procurement, planning & forecasting.