Saving taxes without breaking laws using Machine Learning
Novel use cases for machine learning in the taxation and accounting areas. These are particularly important given the push towards GST and digitization of taxes in India.
This talk will cover the problem space, the techniques (Mostly ML and NLP) we used and our lessons learnt while we work towards saving taxes without breaking laws !!
- Goal conflicts in tax problems
- Tax laws are not exactly English
- Our methods
- Lessons learnt
- Jayendran has been working on applying analytics and ML in the accounting and tax areas for leading corporations around the world for the last 10 years
- Chartered Accountant and former tax analytics director at EY,
- Co-founder at Vyakya, a startup building business solutions with ML