Introduction to Pivotal HD - Hadoop distribution with a SQL compliant query engine
This session will provide an overview of Pivotal HD - Next generation Hadoop distribution which integrates an MPP database running on top of HDFS.
This session also will provide introduction to next release of Spring Data Hadoop which integrates with Hadoop 2.x
Some of the key takeaways from the session
- Key features of Pivotal HD
- Overview of HAWQ - database services which provide SQL capabilities on Hadoop
- Comparing HAWQ with other SQL based products on Hadoop
- Integrating Spring Data Hadoop with Pivotal HD and open source Hadoop 2.0 : This component will focus on building big data pipelines for programmatic consumption
- Basic understanding of Big Data and Hadoop
- Familiarity with SQL -99
- Basic understanding of concepts like Map Reduce
Rajdeep Dua is the Director of Developer Relations for Pivotal.
His area of focus is advocating Pivotal HD to developers and partners. Before joining Pivotal he has also been involved in Cloud Foundry - advocacy in India at VMware.
He has also led the developer relations team for Google India for 5 years and was focused on Android and Google App Engine advocacy. He has around 14 years of experience in platform evangelism and software product development. Before joining Google, he led development efforts for a middleware product for Microsoft India.
He has also been associated with open source projects like Android, JBoss and Joram.
Rajdeep holds an MBA from IIM Lucknow, India and a Bachelors in Engineering from Thapar Institute Patiala, India.