An introduction to Hue, the open source Hadoop UI
You will learn about Hue and its open source tools that allow real time exploration and analytics on Hadoop.
A deep dive into Hue (http://cloudera.github.io/hue/) by one of its main developers.
The main topics that will be covered are:
- Authorization and authentication
- Querying Apache Hive and Cloudera Impala
- Browsing and manipulating files and directories in the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
- Creating and running Apache Pig scripts
- Visually managing Apache Oozie workflow/coordinator/bundle applications
- Creating, submitting and browsing MapReduce jobs
Enrico Berti is a Vienna based UI engineer with more than a decade of experience in several IT fields, from very critical banking applications to non-profit, and main UI engineer of the Hue project (http://cloudera.github.io/hue/).