What are your users doing on your website or in your store? How do you turn the piles of data your organization generates into actionable information? Where do you get complementary data to make yours more comprehensive? What tech, and what techniques?
The Fifth Elephant is a two day conference on big data.
Early Geek tickets are available from fifthelephant.doattend.com.
The proposal funnel below will enable you to submit a session and vote on proposed sessions. It is a good practice introduce yourself and share details about your work as well as the subject of your talk while proposing a session.
Each community member can vote for or against a talk. A vote from each member of the Editorial Panel is equivalent to two community votes. Both types of votes will be considered for final speaker selection.
It’s useful to keep a few guidelines in mind while submitting proposals:
Describe how to use something that is available under a liberal open source license. Participants can use this without having to pay you anything.
Tell a story of how you did something. If it involves commercial tools, please explain why they made sense.
Buy a slot to pitch whatever commercial tool you are backing.
Speakers will get a free ticket to both days of the event. Proposers whose talks are not on the final schedule will be able to purchase tickets at the Early Geek price of Rs. 1800.
An introduction to Data Analysis and Visualisation using D3.js
- This is a 2 hour workshop on intro to D3.js.
- Workshop aims at live-coding intro session, starting from the scratch, building one or more simple charts using Google Chrome Developer Tools using D3.js for creating an excellent visualization with raw sample data.
This workshop includes:
- Basics of D3.js
- Develop Charts iteratively with live-coding in D3.js using Google Chrome.
- Apply few interesting transition animations to the Chart.
- Laptop with Google Chrome v15 [and above] installed.
- Python v3.x installed. We will be using Python’s SimpleHTTPServer as the server. No prior Python experience is required.
- Download the latest version of D3.js from https://github.com/mbostock/d3/zipball/master.
Prashanth Babu has 9+ years of experience in software development predominantly in Java and JavaEE. He is working with NTT DATA Global Delivery Services (previously Keane India Pvt. Ltd.). At NTT DATA, he is working on an R & D initiative on Big Data using Apache Hadoop Ecosystem. Also, an avid Android enthusiast with experience in Android App Development.