Previous proposalHands-on introduction to Pig
Next proposalEmerging techniques in stake holder feedback management
An introduction to Data Analysis and Visualisation using D3.js
Submitted by Prashanth Babu (@p7h) on Sunday, 10 June 2012
Section: Data Visualization Technical level: Beginner Session type: Workshop
- This is a 2 hour workshop on intro to D3.js.
- Workshop aims at live-coding intro session, starting from the scratch, building one or more simple charts using Google Chrome Developer Tools using D3.js for creating an excellent visualization with raw sample data.
This workshop includes:
- Basics of D3.js
- Develop Charts iteratively with live-coding in D3.js using Google Chrome.
- Apply few interesting transition animations to the Chart.
- Laptop with Google Chrome v15 [and above] installed.
- Python v3.x installed. We will be using Python's SimpleHTTPServer as the server. No prior Python experience is required.
- Download the latest version of D3.js from https://github.com/mbostock/d3/zipball/master.
Prashanth Babu has 9+ years of experience in software development predominantly in Java and JavaEE. He is working with NTT DATA Global Delivery Services (previously Keane India Pvt. Ltd.). At NTT DATA, he is working on an R & D initiative on Big Data using Apache Hadoop Ecosystem. Also, an avid Android enthusiast with experience in Android App Development.