Sixth edition of droidconIN.
droidconIN is part of the world wide series of conferences that happens in London, Paris, Berlin, Netherlands, Tunis, Ankara and Brussels. The first edition of droidconIN was at Bangalore in Nov 2011. The second edition in Nov 2012 was featuring General & Specialized Topics, Native + HTML5 and App Demos. The 2013 edition was about Systems, UX, Gaming, Business and App Demos. The 2014 edition featured dedicated tracks for deep dives into UI/UX, Data sync & versioning, App Demos and hardware. The 2015 edition had advanced technical talks with an emphasis on developing for resource contraint regions like India.
This edition spans two days of talks. We are inviting talk proposals for:
- Full-length 40 minute talks.
- Crisp 15 minute talks.
- Sponsored sessions, 40 minute and 15 minute durations (limited slots available; subject to editorial scrutiny and approval).
- Hands-on Workshop sessions, 3 and 6 hour duration.
Proposals will be filtered and shortlisted by an editorial panel. We urge you to add links to videos / slide decks when submitting proposals. This will help us understand your past speaking experience. Blurbs or blog posts covering the relevance of a particular problem statement and how it is tackled will help the editorial panel better judge your proposals.
Selection process is stringent and we follow the procedure outlined in this flowchart:
A talk is NOT confirmed till speakers recieve explicit communication from us saying that it is.
A talk can be rejected at any stage by us if we feel the speaker will not fit in the conference for the year. A talk can be canceled by the speaker at any time for any reason. (We would appreciate it, of course, if it isn’t at the last moment.) Please note that selected speakers must mandatorily participate in two rounds of rehearsals before the conference. This not only helps us adhere to the HasGeek format and quality, but also helps speakers prepare better for the intended audience.
There is only one speaker per session. Entry is free for those who are selected. Due to budgetary constraints, we prefer speakers closer to home. But if we think you stand out, we’ll provide a grant to cover part of your travel and accommodation to Bangalore. Grants are limited and are made available to speakers delivering full sessions (40 minutes or longer) only.
Updated (6th September, 2016): We are currently looking for talks in the following topics:
- Toolchains - What’s the latest in developer toolkits to help with build systems (Gradle, Buck, etc), speeding up the dev feedback loop, etc.
- Kotlin - An experienced speaker to help breakdown what Kotlin is, why and who should use it.
- Firebase - A case study of Firebase in an medium/large app, with insights on it’s benefits, drawbacks, and when/where it makes sense.
- Everything else - Anything else of relevance to an Android developer that we might have missed out.
HasGeek believes in open source as the binding force of our community. If you are describing a codebase for developers to work with, we’d like for it to be available under a permissive open source licence. If your software is commercially licensed or available under a combination of commercial and restrictive open source licences (such as the various forms of the GPL), please consider picking up a sponsorship. We recognise that there are valid reasons for commercial licensing, but ask that you support us in return for giving you an audience. Your session will be marked on the schedule as a sponsored session.
For more information about speaking proposals, tickets, and sponsorships, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-7676332020.
Deadline for submitting proposals:
- Proposal submission deadline(updated): 19 September 2016
- Schedule announcement: 10 October 2016
- Conference dates: 10 and 11 November 2016
We expect you to submit an outline of your proposed talk – either in the form of a mind map, a text document or draft slides along with your submission. You can edit your submission at any time.
##Proposal submissions are now closed.
NativeScript : Ninja Stater How-to
Face it, we’re in Mobile golden age and sometimes building Native application for every
platform is just overwelming and time cosuming, but even if we want to build cross platofrm application
we really don’t want to miss the goodies that a native application is providing, therefore NativeScript
is the invitable choice, come and join me in prospect changing session where we’re going to exploit
the ins and outs of NativeScript. and finishing by showcasing hows things works using clear example.
Labtop, Your free Open source loving spirit, motivation.
- DroidCon Tunisia 2016 Presentation about Firebase : http://houssem-yahiaoui.github.io/DroidCon-Tunisia---Go-Real-Time-Using-Firebase/#/
- GDG Algiers G Day:NativeScript JumpStart : http://houssem-yahiaoui.github.io/GDG-Algeries-NativeScript-Presentation/#/
- DevFest 2015:AngularJS 2 :
- Algiers TechMeetUp 2016:Ionic 101
- Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/nghoussemyahiaoui
- Github : https://github.com/houssem-yahiaoui
- Blog : medium.com/@houssemyahiaoui/
- Twitter : https://twitter.com/_hcodex