Firebase Realtime Database deep dive
In this talk I do a deep dive into firebase realtime database and what it offers. I also look at what it is good at and where it needs work. I end with sharing some case studies of firebase in different deployment scenarios.
- what is firebase realtime database
- use case
- offering: specifics/api/online-offline/pricing/evolution/platforms/security-model/integration-with-google-cloud
- extending FRD with server side libraries
- pricing deep dive, how does the pricing scale, gotchas
- comparison with other market offerings: couchdb, realm mobile platform (NEW)
- limitations/caveats: search, model, admin, pure offline sync, schema/data migration, availability, android: play services, relationships and data doubling
Soham is the founder of Triveous and the creator of the android app “Skyro Voice Recorder”. The app has more than a million downloads and has been featured internationally on the play store. He has also consulted with multiple startups on android and UX and is an organiser with Blrdroid, one of the largest android communities in the world.
He is a google expert on UX and has spoken in various conferences including earlier editions of Droidcon India, Mobile Developer Summit, Devfest among others. He is also a mobile/UX mentor at the Google Launchpad Accelerator.