D. Thinking - Thought to Action
D. Thinking is a relatively new area for developers in India. It is an effective mechanism and a tool chain for the Developers, Architects, CIO’s, CTO’s etc.. pratically anybody to apply at problem solving. With a very short cycle for developement, release and goto market in the mobile world, it becomes important for developers to implement tools like D. Thinking. Through this workshop, we can train the developers on this topic to implement simple process changes / increments to a quicker product release.
Design thinking has come to be defined as combining empathy for the context of a problem, creativity in the generation of insights, solutions, and rationality in analyzing and fitting various solutions to the problem context.The goal of Design Thinking is “matching people’s needs with what is technologically feasible and viable as a business strategy. The premise of Design Thinking is that by knowing about how to successfully approach and solve difficult, multi-dimentional problems, more specifically; effective methods to ideate, select and execute solutions, individuals and businesses will be able to improve their own problem solving processes and skills.
Design thinking is a formal method for practical, creative resolution of problems and creation of solutions, with the intent of an improved future result. In this regard it is a form of solution-based, or solution-focused thinking; starting with a goal (a better future situation) instead of solving a specific problem. By considering both present and future conditions and parameters of the problem, alternative solutions may be explored simultaneously. Cross asserted that this type of thinking most often happens in the built, or artificial, environment
This approach differs from the analytical scientific method, which begins with thoroughly defining all the parameters of the problem in order to create a solution. Design Thinking identifies and investigates with both known and ambiguous aspects of the current situation in order to discover hidden parameters and open alternative paths which may lead to the goal. Because Design Thinking is iterative, intermediate “solutions” are also potential starting points of alternative paths, including redefining of the initial problem.
For a group of 16 people following material is required to complete Prototyping:
• Edushape Educolor Building Blocks, Set of 30
• Red Heart E300.0311 Super Saver Economy Yarn, White
• Jumbo Natural Color Wood Craft Sticks; 100 per Pack; no. CK-367601
• 4X American Crafts Thickers Foam Letter Stickers, Rootbeer Float Black
• 4X Crayola 12ct Washable Markers
• 4X Tru-Ray Sulphite Construction Paper, 9 x 12 Inches, Assorted, 50 Sheets (103031)
• Charles Leonard Inc., Chenille Stems, 6 mm/12 Inches, Assorted Colors, 100/Bag (65600)
• 4X 3M General Purpose Masking Tape 203 Beige, 24 mm x 55 m
• 4X Play-Doh Classic Colors Assorted - 4 Pack
• 4X Post-it Notes, Original Pad, 3 Inches x 3 Inches, Recycled, Assorted Pastel, 75 Sheets per Pad, Six Pads per Pack (5416-RP-AP)
• 4X Sharpie Fine Point Permanent Markers, 5 Colored Markers(30653PP)
• 2X Blunt-tip Kids Scissors Classpack (5”, 12 Pack, Colors May Vary)
• 4X Elmer’s Disappearing Purple School Glue Sticks, 0.21 oz Each, 2 Sticks per Pack (E522)
• 4X Pawns; 6 Colors - 24 Pawns per Set; no. KOP12101
Based on the size of the participation the above can be scaled.
A 15 year industry veteran with broad spectrum of experience across recruitment, tech support, training, strategic relations, Operations, marketing etc. To sum it up:
* Marketing Specialist for Intel Developer Zone – RealSense
* Startups Program Manager for Intel Developer Zone
* Head Business Operations – APJ for Intel Software Services Group – Developer Relations
* A process maniac by choice
* An innovator / entrepreneur by passion