1. What topics will be discussed?
- Experiences running systems at scale in production
- Fire stories
2. Who should attend this meetup
People interested in learning about distributed systems and who enjoy post-mortem/RCA’s.
3. Who should speak at this meetup?
- Have you been the primary respondent to a fire in production? We’d love to hear your story.
- Are you running systems at scale? We will be thrilled to hear experience reports of what went well.
5. Format of the meetup
Two talks, 40 minutes each.
Date (tentative): 30th May, 4-6 PM.
How to join the meetup: This event is free to attend. Zoom Link will be shared closer to the meetup date.
We build and run https://cortexmetrics.io, a scalable time-series database that scales to billions of datapoints per day and 100s of Millions of active time-series. The architecture is modelled around Consistent Hashing, a (imo) simple but powerful algorithm to distribute data that lets you scale horizontally. We will first start with motivation (what are we trying to achieve), and introduce cons… more
Folding@Home is a distributed computing project that uses idle compute time to run protein simulations. Recently, they have concentrated their efforts to prioritize Covid-19 research (https://foldingathome.org/covid19/). In this talk, I go through how to deploy Folding@Home client workers on your Kubernetes clusters to donate idle compute time across your cluster. more