Technical SEO – How approach to SEO has evolved in the last decade.
Let’s understand how Search Engines work and how Technical SEO is imperative to rank well on search engines. This session will be particularly revealing for people who have always looked at SEO as an “added service” or a silver bullet that will bring in web traffic. Also relevant for content and development teams who are not aware about their roles in achieving SEO.
- How do people find websites – search, social, ads.
- How does a search engine work? What is ranking signal?
- What is SEO?
- How SEO Services are different from Technical SEO, and why one should prioritise the latter?
- Brief look at the Moz SEO Cheat Sheet (which has a good coverage on Technical SEO).
- Who’s responsible for it and how can everyone chip in?
We’ll start with laying the foundation on the subject and then move on to a freewheeling chat/discussion with the participants.
Souvik architects information and builds content-heavy websites. He works at Miranj — a web design and development studio in New Delhi which he co-founded in 2011. Souvik has been wearing many hats at work which includes strategising websites, managing web projects, exploring business opportunities and handling client relationships. He has been speaking on information architecture, user experience and web standards at conferences in India and abroad. He’s also the organiser of World IA Day in New Delhi and the weekly Content Web conversations with Hasgeek. Outside work, he indulges in music, coffee and cooking.