This session is to understand how Search Engines work and how Technical SEO is imperative to rank well on search engines. This session will be particularly revealing for people who have always looked at SEO as an “added service” or a silver bullet that will bring in web traffic. Also relevant for content and development teams who are not aware about their roles in achieving SEO.
The session will cover:
- How people find websites – search, social, ads?
- How a search engine works; what is ranking signal?
- What is SEO?
- How SEO services are different from Technical SEO, and why one should prioritise the latter?
- Brief look at the Moz SEO Cheat Sheet - which has a good coverage on Technical SEO
- Who’s responsible for it and how can everyone chip in?
About the speaker: Souvik architects information and builds content-heavy websites. He works at Miranj — a web design and development studio in New Delhi which he co-founded in 2011. Souvik has been wearing many hats at work which includes strategising websites, managing web projects, exploring business opportunities and handling client relationships. He has been speaking on information architecture, user experience and web standards at conferences in India and abroad. He’s also the organiser of World IA Day in New Delhi and the weekly Content Web conversations with Hasgeek. Outside work, he indulges in music, coffee and cooking.
Participation: Zoom link will be shared with registered participants. Or, you can watch the livestream on this page.
Registered participants can leave comments/questions on the Comments section for the speaker to address during the session.