Newsletters are the new letters, says Pranay Kotasthane of Takshashila Institution, when asked about the organization’s journey with newsletters, podcasts, books and other content forms. How did this journey start? How did the POST approach translate in Takshashila’s case?
- People - target audience for the newsletters
In this session, Pranay Kotasthane will make a presentation on the following aspects:
- How the team conceived the newsletter; anticipating the unintended.
- Defining the audience; reaching the audience.
- Crafting content the audience - how, what, why?
- Experience with sharing policy-related content which isn’t similar to reporting/news.
- Choosing Substack over other platforms such as Mailchimp.
- Whether the strategy, tactics and tools extend to other forms of content, including blogs, the publication of Pragati.
- Tools, processes - and the learnings.
Link to Pranay’s presentation: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GJ8qUFCHHckAlsiZGVKSmRvhkFhraYXq/view?usp=sharing
This session is curated by Abhishek Rai. Summary of the first session on newsletters by Abhishek Rai is published here - https://hasgeek.com/metarefresh/on-technology-and-tools-for-newsletters/
Participation: Zoom link will be shared with registered participants. Or, you can watch the livestream on this page.
Registered participants can leave comments/questions on the Comments section for the speaker to address during the session.