This talk is for:
- Designers looking to take a systemic approach to typography in their web project.
- Developers and designers who want to mutually set a format of typography specification delivery that works.
Speaker, Hamsa Ganesh, shares how to make this replicable in every project. The advantages approaching web typography with a type scale are:
* It saves a lot of time decision-making for typography and spacing during the design stage.
* It helps establish a vertical rhythm between screen components.
* It makes your designs more predictable to developers and future designers.
This talk will cover:
* What is a modular type scale + why should you use one?
* Introduction to the tool : modularscale.com
* Step-by-step: How to define a responsive modular type scale
* Handing-off type specifications to developers
Reference: If you are new to web typography, a look at Karl Fernandes’ talk “Getting Started with Web Typography”. It will serve as a great primer for this session.
About the speaker: Hamsa is a web designer from India with 11 years of work experience including roles in project management, creative direction and implementation. As a formally trained graphic designer who codes, one of her biggest strengths is to design with a hands-on understanding of the capabilities of emerging front-end technologies, tools, techniques.
Her previous talk on Hasgeek can be viewed here: Designing Custom Grids that Scale.
Participation: Zoom link will be shared with registered participants. Or, you can watch the livestream on this page.
Registered participants can leave comments/questions on the Comments section for the speaker to address during the session.