Newsletters have two primary uses.
Communicate with the existing audience:
- Inform about a new initiative or launch.
- A roundup or update about the activities in the organisation.
- Direct the audience to the anchor website or content.
- Seek their participation.
A good old publication:
- Audience doesn’t have to leave their email client.
- Readers can forward the update to others for bigger reach.
- Future subscription or paid readership.
As a creator of newsletters, the following matters equally for both use cases:
- Who is the audience?
- What is the audience’s behaviour, their likes and dislikes?
- How do they consume content?
- When do they consume content?
- Where do we find them?
- Why do they read what we write?
- For the audience.
- A clear objective that the organization wants to achieve.
- Clearer outcomes.
- How is it going? Are we achieving outcomes?
- What are we dong right?
- What did we go wrong?
- 101: How to build newsletters using Mailchimp, Substack or other providers.
- Dos and donts when building a newsletter.
- Audience management.
- Integrating it with the existing website/blog.
- Copy and landing page for the newsletters.
- How to design and execute campaigns along with the newsletters.
- How to use social media for more impact?
- How to run ads for the newsletters?
In this session, we will discuss which aspects of newsletter creation participants want to dig deeper into, and calendar of sessions, going forward. This session will be moderated by Abhishek Rai, curator of the newsletters track on Content Web.
Post comments and questions - that you’d like to address in this session - in advance, so that we can have a productive discussion.
Participation: Zoom link will be shared with registered participants. Or, you can watch the livestream on this page.