2 hours workshop style sessions comprising of talks and demos in technology, entrepreneurship, social, design, open innovation or culinary verticals
Understanding Venture Capital
VC’s see pitches by founders everyday. Founder’s pitch to VC’s a few times during their lifetime. VC’s understand founders. Do founders understand VC’s?
This is a lop sided deal. As a founder, it is key to understand Venture Capital and how VC’s work. If you are someone who plans to raise Venture Capital, this workshop will give you a basic understanding of Venture Capital.
- Do you know the difference between pre and post money valuation?
- Do you understand and know how to use a capitalization table?
- Do you know what a term sheet is?
- Do you understand terms like vesting, liquidation preference, employee pool?
- Do you understand the various roles in a VC firm like GP, LP, Principal, Associate?
- How do VC’s raise the funds?
- All the players in the eco system like entrepreneur, Angel, VC, Syndicate, Lawyer?
If the answer to one or more of the above questions is no, then you will find this workshop useful.
Not necessary, but we encourage you to come with your laptop.
Santosh Rajan has over 30 years of experience as software engineer, manager, consultant, former founder of a startup.
At the age of 54 he is still a hands on programmer, and firmly believes he is still as good as, if not better, than much younger programmers.
His complete bio is available on Linkedin